Van Dijk, mijn naam.* Van Dijk





Strolling in the evening through the streets of Blittar greeting many people and some of them replied with more than the usual “ Samma Samma “.
One of them asked me where I came from.  “Belanda, Holland” I replied as so many times before.
It was a surprise to me that he answered in Dutch by saying “ Goede avond” *
He told me that his mother was Dutch, but she died long ago unfortunately at young age. His sister also died when she was young, so it was just he and his dad.
He tried to explain that he was proud he could still speak a little Dutch. It makes him think about his mother and the happy days of long ago.
And meeting Dutch people gave him the possibility to remember those days *when he and his sister were still together with their father and mother. By saying goodbye I asked him if it was all right to take a picture.
 “Natuurlijk”, zij hij “ met alle plezier “.*

Mijn naam means my name.
Goede avond means Good evening.
Natuurlijk, met alle plezier means of course with pleasure

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Carnaval is over

After the renovation

Gifts, gifts.